- 2K resolution video & DIY installation: High Definition 2688 x 1520 resolution, combined with advanced HDR and distortion correction, provides you 2K@25fps images. 850nm SMD IR-LEDs enables excellent night vision image, range up to 16ft. Ultra wide-angle lens, diagonal view angle up to 170°. With the included wedge kit, you can DIY your ideal angle from 5 degrees to 15 degrees to get a greater view of visitors coming to your door.
- 2-way audio & power supply: Foscam video doorbell supports real-time two-way audio with a built-in mic and speaker. Compatible with your existing mechanical and electronic digital chimes. You can utilize your existing doorbell wiring (AC8~24V/DC12~30V) or USB-C 5V power supply( USB-C cable included ) to power it. This doorbell is not battery-powered. NO more worries about battery life or charge. You can customize exclusive ringtones through Foscam APP.
- 2.4GHz & 5Ghz WiFi Connection: You can pair it with either a 2.4GHz or 5GHz network. 5GHz channel with less interference makes the network more suitable for applications like video streaming which is very sensitive to packet loss and delays. You can experience smoother 2K Quad HD streaming.
- 7 days of free cloud storage with 3 months of validity and NO data space limitation during the last 7 days. Able to view live or playback or save all alert captures and video clips on the cloud. More options for cloud storage are available. Support FAT32/exFAT Micro SD card, up to 128G(not included).
- Smart home compatibility: Compatible with Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant, simply say "Alexa, show the front door" to launch a live stream on your Echo Show. Similar voice commands are also available with Google Assistant. Real-time push notification to phone app or send an email with the phone or upload image captures/videos to FTP server when human is detected and the detection sensitivity can be adjusted.
Customize your detection zones
Activity Zone allows you to customize the areas in which the camera will detect motion. Set the Activity Zone to suit your home to get the alerts you care about.
View what's behind your door
Ultra wide-angle lens, view angle up to 170° without missing any details. With the included wedge kit, you can choose your ideal angle from 5 degrees to 15 degrees to get a greater view of visitors coming to your door.
Auto Infrared Night Vision
An 850nm SMD IR-LED enables a clear night vision image even in dark up to 16.4ft. Protect your home day and night.
Foscam video doorbell features IP65 weatherproof, no fear of any weather. Operating temperature: -4°F ~ 122°F; operating humidity: 20% ~ 85% non-condensing
FAQ for Foscam Video Doorbell( Model: DBW5 )
Q1: Does the video doorbell require existing doorbell wiring?
- Yes, the video doorbell draws power from existing doorbell wiring. The voltage of the transformer requirement is 8-24VAC and the output power of the transformer is 8VA or above, which is very common in most house doorbell wiring.
Q2: Is the video doorbell powered by a battery?
- No, the wired video doorbell has more advanced features, like the 3s pre-buffer and no wake-up time. Also, the doorbell dimensions can be very slim, fitting into narrow door frames.
Q3: Is the video doorbell compatible with the existing doorbell chime?
- Yes, we are well compatible with existing mechanical chime or digital chime. When you connect digital chime, please remember to connect our power kit.
Q4: What’s the wireless range of the video doorbell?
- The video doorbell connects to your home WiFi. It works with any 2.4GHz & 5GHz wireless router, mesh system, or modems. Depending on your WiFi transmit power, distance, and walls in between, the doorbell range vary. In the outfield test in the US, it works well in most 3000sq.ft houses.
Q5: How does the video doorbell detect the motions?
- The built-in camera of the video doorbell system is triggered to start recording through the full-image pixel contrast, followed by which the system will further undergo face detection. The triggering mechanism for the current video doorbell system requires users to adjust the settings of the activity zone and the sensitivity level of detection accordingly due to various user scenarios.
Q6: Does the video doorbell system support AI?
- Yes, face detection and face recognition are supported. Face recognition can only be turned on after the corresponding cloud service is purchased.